- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 cups mini mint marshmallows
- 6 cups crisp rice cereal
- ½ teaspoon mint extract
- 3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- ¾ cup peppermint candies, crushed
- Spray a 9-by-13-inch baking pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a large pot over low heat. Add mint marshmallows and stir frequently until completely melted.
- Remove from heat. Add mint extract and cereal. Stir to coat cereal completely.
- Press mixture into baking pan and even out the top.
- Place a heatproof bowl over a small saucepan filled with 1 inch of water. Over medium-low heat melt 1 cup of chocolate chips just until smooth.
- Pour melted chocolate over crisp rice mixture in baking pan and smooth out with offset spatula. Set aside to cool and harden completely.
- When cooled, loosen sides of pan with a knife and turn out onto a cutting board. Cut into 12 equally sized bars.
- Melt remaining chocolate chips in heatproof bowl.
- Spread melted chocolate onto sides and tops of bars and sprinkle with peppermint candy pieces.
- Allow to cool and harden completely before serving.
- Store in an airtight container.