- 3½ cups granulated sugar
- 1½ cups sugar syrup
- ¼ cup clear honey
- 1 cup water
- 2 egg whites, beaten until stiff in a large bowl
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 10 oz. mixture of blanched almonds, hazelnuts and macadamia nuts
- Heat the sugar, syrup, honey and water in a saucepan until it reaches 310 degrees F. Stand the thermometer in the pan to check the temperature.
- When the sugar solution is ready, add it to the bowl of beaten egg whites, beating the mixture constantly until it is stiff and waxy.
- Add the vanilla extract and the nuts to the bowl and fold them all carefully into the mixture using a large metal spoon.
- Put the nougat mix into a tin lined with wax paper. Allow to cool completely before cutting it into small squares. Once cool, store candy in an airtight tin.