- 215g flour
1½ tsp baking powder
1 tbsp yogurt
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
White Sugar flowers
White Sugar pearls
- 500g Philadelphia cream cheese (not the spreadable one)
400ml sweetened condensed milk
5 tsp gelatin powder
4 tbsp water
White Mirror Glaze
200 grams sweetened condensed milk
300 grams granulated sugar
150 grams water
350 grams white chocolate chips
19 grams gelatin (+½ cup water to bloom)
1 tsp vanilla
- Spray a rectangle baking tray (L:30cm x W:20cm D:5cm) with cooking oil and line with baking paper. Set aside.
- Microwave sweetened condensed milks for 1 min and add to a large mixing bowl.
- Bloom gelatin with ½ cup of water and set aside for 5 minutes. Microwave for 10 seconds. Add to warm sweetened condensed milk. Set aside
- Add cream cheese to a large mixing bowl mix using a hand mixer until smooth. Add milk/gelatin mixture and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Add mixture to pre-prepare baking tray and smoothen out using a large spatula or cake scrape. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for 2-3 hours or overnight.
- You’ll need 3 different sized round cookie cutters to make the three layers. The biggest should be the size of the top of your cupcakes, the middle a little smaller and the top smaller than that. Once you have all your shapes cut out, set aside on a flat tray, cover with plastic wrap until you’re ready to cover them with the mirror glaze.
- Preheat a fan-forced oven to 180C (356F) or 160C (320F) for a fan forced oven. Line a cupcake tin with cupcake liners.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add the flour, baking powder, caster sugar and salt. Turn mixer on low speed and allow it to mix for a couple minutes to help everything combine well (alternatively you may do this by sifting the ingredients together). Add the softened butter and let it mix until it resembles a fine sand like texture.
- Next, add milk, egg, yogurt, oil and vanilla extract in a large jug and whisk well.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients in a slow and steady stream until no dry ingredients are visible. Scrape down the bowl and mix for another 20 seconds.
- Fill each cupcake liner 3/4 of the way (using an ice cream scoop to transfer the batter into the cupcake liners makes this a quick and easy process otherwise you can use two tablespoons).
- Bake for 20-25 min or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow them to cool completely on a wire cooling rack.
- Bloom gelatin with ½ cup of water and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Heat milk, sugar and water in a saucepan over medium heat and bring to a simmer.
- Add bloomed gelatine and stir until dissolved.
- Place chocolate chips in a large heat proof bowl. Pour hot mixture over chocolate and let sit for 5 minutes. Once chocolate has softened, use an immersion blender to smooth mixture.
- Pour mixture through a sieve to remove any remaining lumps.
- Allow glaze to cool to 33C before pouring.
- To finish off your cupcakes, stack the three sized cheesecake discs on top of each other and set them on a wire rack. Pour mirror glaze on top and allow them to set for 10-20 min before carefully placing them on top of your cupcakes.
- Add sugar flour on top and decorate the base with sugar pearls.