- 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 large egg
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp whipping cream (plus a little extra, if needed)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup confectioner’s sugar
- Pink, purple, and blue food coloring
- Edible glitter
- Combine the milk and vinegar in a small bowl. Place in the fridge for 15 minutes to chill – this makes homemade buttermilk!
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl and set aside. In a large bowl, combine the butter, sugar, honey, egg and vanilla extract. Add the buttermilk and mix until combined. Add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined – make sure not to overmix.
- Spoon the batter into a piping bag fitted with a round tip and pipe into a greased doughnut pan. Bake at 400F for 7 minutes. Cool for 1 minute in the pan, then flip the pan over to remove the doughnuts and cool completely on a wire rack.
- Make the glaze: Whisk together 1 tbsp half and half cream and the vanilla extract. Add the confectioner’s sugar and whisk until fully combined. If the glaze is too thick, add a dash more whipping cream. Divide the glaze into 4 bowls. Leave one bowl white and dye the remaining deep shades of pink, blue and purple. Dollop the 4 colors into a bowl, swirling them together to create a swirly pattern.
- Dunk the doughnuts into the glaze and return to the wire rack. Sprinkle some edible glitter on top. Allow the glaze to dry for 20 minutes, and enjoy!