- 1 box of chocolate cake mix
- Bake cake mix as per instructions on box.
- Divide the mixture into two 8 or 9-inch pie pans.
- Bake at 350° until done. Cool completely.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ can or 6-ounce can of evaporated milk
- ¾ cup Crisco shortening
- Mix above ingredients on very high speed until stiff.
- Spread onto first cake layer and put second layer on top.
- Put toothpicks in to help hold in place.
Top layer icing:
- 1 pound 10x sugar
- 1/3 cup Crisco
- 3 tablespoons Hershey’s cocoa
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- Evaporated milk
- Mix all above ingredients except evaporated milk to make icing.
- Add evaporated milk— just enough for the consistency to spread icing over entire cake.