- 1 1/3 cups York mini peppermint patties, divided
- 5 tablespoons milk, divided
- 1 package chocolate crumb crust
- 1½ cups mini marshmallows
- 1 tub frozen whipped topping, thawed and divided
- Place 1/3 cup peppermint patties and 1 tablespoon milk in microwave-safe bowl. Microwave 30 seconds at high and then stir. If necessary, microwave an additional 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until chips are melted and mixture is smooth when stirred.
- Spread mixture on bottom of crust. Refrigerate while preparing the next step.
- Place marshmallows, 2/3 cup peppermint patties and remaining 4 tablespoons milk in small saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until marshmallows are melted and mixture is well blended.
- Transfer marshmallow mixture to a separate large bowl and let cool completely.
- Stir 2 cups whipped topping into cooled chocolate mixture, then spread over chocolate in crust.
- Set aside about 2 tablespoons peppermint patties. Coarsely chop the remaining patties.
- Stir the chopped pieces into remaining whipped topping. Spread over surface of pie.
- Cover and freeze for several hours or until firm.
- Garnish with remaining peppermint patty pieces and additional whipped topping if desired.