- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 5 ounces uncooked mini pasta shells
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1¼ cups low-fat milk
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Black pepper to taste
- ½ cup sour cream
- 5 ounces parmesan, shredded
- Parsley, chopped
- Extra cheese and parsley (optional)
- Heat a large pot over medium high heat and cook the bacon until it’s browned and crispy. Remove from the pan and set aside. Leave as much or as little bacon fat in the pot as you like.
- Pour the stock and milk into the hot pan and add the pasta shells, peas and pepper. Bring to a boil and cook for about 7 minutes or until the pasta is ready.
- Take the pot off the heat and quickly stir in the sour cream.
- Add the cheese, parsley and crispy bacon to the pasta and combine.
- Serve immediately with extra cheese and parsley if you like.