For the Meatballs
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1/3 cup yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup white whole-wheat flour
- 1/3 cup rolled oatmeal
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
For the Kung Pao Sauce
- ¼ cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sriracha
- 2 tablespoons chili paste
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Preheat oven to 400ºF, and coat a baking sheet with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Place meatball ingredients into a large bowl, and mix until combined.
- Using a tablespoon-size cookie scoop, scoop out mixture and mold into a ball with your hands (Tip: It works best if your hands are slightly wet.) Place on baking sheet.
- Bake meatballs at for 25–28 minutes, or until the top begins to turn golden brown and are cooked through.
- Meanwhile, mix kung pao sauce ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Once the meatballs have slightly cooled, toss in sauce. Serve hot!