- 1 cup water
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1¾ cups fresh mint leaves, plus 6 sprigs for serving
- 4½ cups chilled club soda
- 1 cup mint syrup
- ¾ cup fresh lemon juice (about 3 lemons)
- Ice, for serving
- In a large saucepan, bring 1 cup water, sugar and fresh mint leaves to a boil; lower the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Let cool, then strain, pressing to extract any liquid; refrigerate.
- In a pitcher, using a wooden spoon, muddle ¾ cup mint leaves and 2 tablespoons sugar. Stir in 4½ cups chilled club soda, 1 cup mint syrup and ¾ cup fresh lemon juice (about 3 lemons).
- Strain into ice-filled glasses and top with a mint sprig.