- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ medium red onion, chopped
- ½ medium red bell pepper, chopped
- ½ medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a large dutch oven, heat oil, peppers, and onion over medium high heat for 5 minutes or until onion begins to soften and become translucent.
- Add the garlic and sauté for another minute.
- Add the broth, black beans, tomatoes, and red wine vinegar. Stir well and bring to a simmer.
- Add the oregano, cumin, cayenne, salt and pepper. Allow soup to simmer for about 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Portion out three cups worth of the soup into a food processor. Puree until smooth and stir back into the rest of the soup in the dutch oven.