- 4 pounds sweet potatoes (about 4–5 large)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- ¼ cup 1% milk
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1¼ cups old-fashioned oats
- ¾ cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Bake sweet potatoes on a foil-lined baking sheet for 1 hour or until tender. Let stand until cool enough to handle.
- Peel sweet potatoes and mash in a large bowl. Stir in 1 tablespoon butter, milk, eggs, vanilla, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and salt. Spoon into a lightly greased 11-by-7-inch baking dish.
- In a medium glass bowl, stir together 1 tablespoon butter, honey, oats, pecans and remaining 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Sprinkle over casserole. Bake for 30 minutes, until golden brown and heated through.