- 1 gallon apple cider or apple juice
- 1 cup orange juice
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon orange extract
- ½ teaspoon lemon extract
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 2 teaspoons whole cloves1 teaspoon whole allspice
- In a Dutch oven, combine the first five ingredients.
- Place the cinnamon sticks, cloves and allspice on a double thickness of cheesecloth; bring up corners of cloth and tie with string to form a bag. Add to the pan.
- Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until flavors are blended (do not boil). Discard spice bag.