- 1 bottle of gin
- 2 cups fresh or frozen fruit (such as raspberries, cherries or blackberries)
- 1 cup superfine sugar
- a few cloves (optional)
- 1 stick of cinnamon (optional)
- a few drops of almond extract (optional)
- 1 large, wide-necked jar, sterilized, or 2 empty gin bottles
- Muslin bag
- Bamboo sticks
- Pour the gin, fruit, sugar, spices and almond extract into the sterilized jar, or divide the ingredients equally between two bottles using a funnel. Seal and store in a cool, dark place.
- Give the jar or bottle a shake daily for the first two weeks and then weekly for a further three months. Take a sip every now and then and add more sugar if needed.
- After three and half months, or when the taste is to your liking, strain the ingredients using the muslin bag and bamboo sticks. Collect the liquid in a bowl, then re-bottle it.