- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 2/3 cup confectioners sugar
- 2/3 cup flour
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1/3 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips for garnish
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 4 oz. mascarpone cheese
- 1½ cups confectioners sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a medium bowl until light and fluffy.
- Sift the flour, cornstarch and cocoa over the butter/sugar.
- Mix until well combined to form a dough.
- Roll out dough to a thickness of 1/8 to ¼ inch on a lightly floured surface.
- Cut out cookies with a square cutter and bake on a parchment-lined sheet for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool completely on a wire rack.
- Fill with mascarpone cream and press sides in mini chips to coat.
- Beat the butter in a medium bowl until smooth.
- Add the mascarpone cream and blend until well combined and smooth.
- Add the sugar and vanilla and blend until smooth (about 2 minutes).
- Refrigerate for at least an hour before using.