- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ medium bell pepper, diced
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 can reduced-sodium black beans
- 1 can corn kernels
- 1 can green chilies
- Optional toppings (sour cream, green onions, tortilla chips)
- In large pot, heat oil over medium-high heat, then add onions and garlic, and cook until softened.
- Stir in bell pepper, and continue to cook until softened.
- Add ground turkey, and cook until browned.
- Stir in taco seasoning, and add tomatoes, beans, corn and chilies. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, and simmer until ready to eat.
- Ladle soup into bowls, and top with sour cream, green onions and tortilla chips if desired.