- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 can unsalted petite diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1½ cups unsalted chicken stock
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 8 ounces whole-grain spaghetti or linguine
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 10 ounce fresh spinach
- 1 ounce parmesan cheese, grated
- Heat a Dutch oven or large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add oil; swirl to coat. Add onion and garlic to pan; sauté 3 minutes or until onion starts to brown. Add tomatoes, stock, oregano, and pasta, in that order. Bring to a boil.
- Stir to submerge noodles in liquid. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook 7 minutes or until pasta is almost done. Uncover; stir in salt.
- Add spinach in batches, stirring until spinach wilts. Remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese, and serve.