- 8 ounces whole wheat fettuccine
- 1 1/3 cups snow peas
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3 ounces smoked salmon, sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt. During the last minute of cooking time, add snow peas to pasta. Cook 1 minute, until pasta is al dente and peas are crisp-tender. Drain; cover and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a skillet or saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic, and sauté 1 minute, until fragrant. Add broth and cream cheese. Cook 3–5 minutes, whisking frequently, until mixture is well-blended. Add Parmesan cheese, stirring until smooth.
- Stir pasta mixture into sauce until pasta is coated. Add salmon, stirring gently until just combined. Sprinkle with pepper and dill. Serve immediately.