- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups chopped carrots
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup dried brown lentils, rinsed
- 1 cup dried black beans, rinsed
- 4 cups no-salt-added, fat-free chicken broth
- 1 can no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon plus 1½ teaspoons ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup reduced-fat sour cream
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro leaves
- Coat slow cooker with cooking spray. Place onion, carrots and garlic in bottom. Top with chicken, lentils and black beans. Stir in broth, tomato sauce, chili powder, cumin and salt.
- Cook on low for 8 hours. Stir before serving. Top each serving with 1 tablespoon sour cream and 1 tablespoon cheese. Garnish evenly with cilantro.