- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ¼ cup chopped shallots
- 1 cup uncooked arborio (risotto) rice
- ¼ cup white wine
- 3 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 8 ounces broccoli, cut into small florets (about 3 cups)
- ½ cup (56 grams) freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 package fresh spinach, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Sauté shallots for 3 minutes or until tender. Add rice; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Stir in wine; cook 1–2 minutes until wine evaporates. Stir in broth, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Stir in broccoli. Bring mixture to a boil over medium-high heat; remove from heat.
- Cover, and bake 20 minutes. Uncover, and stir in Parmesan cheese and spinach. Serve immediately.