- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 20 caramels
- 2 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
- 1 16-ounce bag kettle chips
- ½ cup chopped cashews
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large skillet place a stainless steel bowl and 1 to 1.5 inches of water. Put the caramels and milk in a small saucepan and heat over medium low heat smooth and melted.
- Using a pastry brush, brush a thin coat of caramel over about 2/3 of both sides of a chip. Too much caramel will make the chip become soggy; a thin coat is all you need for the added flavor. Cool in freezer for at least 10 minutes.
- Place chocolate and oil in bowl and heat over medium-low heat until smooth and melted.
- Dip the chip in the chocolate and gently shake off the excess. While the chocolate is still warm sprinkle with cashews. Place dressed chip on parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Refrigerate until set. Store in an airtight container.