- 2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- ½ medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups bite-sized fresh asparagus pieces, with ends chopped and discarded
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat a large pan over medium heat. Add butter, onion and garlic, and cook until onions are soft, about 3-4 minutes. Add the asparagus to the pan and cook for another 2 minutes. Add peas to the pan and cook for another 2 minutes. Set aside.
- Drain the cooked pasta and add to the pan with vegetable mixture. Add feta, dill, lemon juice, salt and pepper to the pan. Toss until well combined.
- Portion into a 1½ cup serving size, and serve. For a more substantial meal, top with one of energizing add-ons below.