- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons rum extract
- 1 egg
- 2¼ cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 tablespoon water
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg, if desired
- Heat oven to 350°F (if using dark or nonstick cookie sheet, heat oven to 325°F). In large bowl, beat granulated sugar and 1 cup butter with electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy. Beat in vanilla, 2 teaspoons rum extract and the egg until smooth. Beat in flour and 1 teaspoon nutmeg.
- Place ¼ of the dough at a time in cookie press. On ungreased cookie sheet, form desired shapes with dough.
- Bake 6 to 10 minutes until edges are lightly browned. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack.
- In small bowl, stir all glaze ingredients except nutmeg with spoon until smooth and thin enough to drizzle. Pour mixture into small resealable food-storage plastic bag; cut off tiny corner of bag. Squeeze bag to drizzle glaze on cookies. Before glaze is set, sprinkle ½ teaspoon nutmeg over cookies.